I am finally in possession of a camera which takes decent-enough pictures for me to feel motivated to blog again.
Here are 3 new things I picked up a few days ago from Revlon:
1. the ever so popular PhotoReady foundation in 003 Shell
2.Super Lustrous lipgloss in pink pop
3.SL lipgloss in peach petal
Let's start off with a demo featuring the foundation + lipglosses
In the following two pics I used my new Revlon lipgloss in Pink Pop.
Face w/o foundation (ughhh.. lots of discoloration :(.. and also pls excuse my oily lids haha it's been a long day)
Face with foundation (ahh.. much better )
BTW I used a stippling brush to apply it.
Here I used my new Revlon lipgloss in Pink Pop.
After adding some blush & concealer...
I also used my new Revlon lipgloss in Peach Petal in these pictures. For a closer look at the shimmers in the foundation you'll have to click on the pics to enlarge.
My thoughts on the photoready foundation:
Blend-ability - 4/5
- very easy to blend, doesn't dry out too quickly
Coverage - 4/5
- great coverage, but I still need to apply some concealer to the under-eye area and blemishes
Price - 3/5
- it's around $23 Canadian, which is a bit on the expensive side for a drugstore foundation
Color match 4/5
- not too pink, not too yellow, really compliments my skintone!
Lasting power - 4/5
- at the end of a 8 hour shift my face still looked great, a lil oily but much better oil control vs. my bb creams!
+ it has a SPF of 20 :)
NOTE: In direct light, there seems to be a lot of tiny shimmers in this foundation. Personally I think the shimmers is what makes this foundation look great in photos. I don't really have a problem with them. However, I would tone down the shimmer level elsewhere on the face while using this foundation i.e. avoid using highly shimmery eyeshadows, blushes & lipglosses. Also I prefer to set this foundation w/ my maybelline dream matte powder to tone down the shimmers.
In conclusion, I have to say I think I'm in love with this foundation! I really like how it makes my skin look.. so smooth, flawless and bright! This is something I'll definitely buy again :)
Sticky factor - 4/5
- less sticky than MAC, but hair will still get stuck
Pigmentation - 3.5/5
- good enough to show up on my super pigmented lips
Lasting power - 3/5
- same as any other lipgloss, nothing too special
What really caught my eye with these glosses is that they contain no shimmer. They are very creamy in texture and color.
Check them out!
Bye bye for now! :)