Hello pretties :)
I was requested to do a MAC 205 brush demo... sorry it took so long!
I believe this brush was limited edition (? i don't see it on the MAC website anymore) so you might be able to get it at a CCO...
A small, serrated, fan-shaped brush of synthetic fibres specially designed for "root-to-tip" application of Prep + Prime Lash or any M·A·C mascara. For post-mascara, use it to groom clumps and perfect the lashes.
**NOTE: i only applied mascara onto my upper lashes!!!**
My bare lashes curled: (ignore my red eyes and the annoying little pimple)
205 Coated w/ a thin coat of L'Oreal telescopic clean definition mascara (the silver tube).
I applied roughly 2 thin coats.
Compared to my lashes when I use the wand that came with the mascara:
Although my lashes look longer & darker there seems to be quite a bit of clumping together...
Keep in mind that there is also way more product on the mascara wand.
Then I tested out CG lash blast mascara (non-waterproof):
Bare lashes again:
Thin coat of lash blash on the 205 brush
Applied 2 coats to lashes using fan brush...
Applied lash blast using the big fat mascara wand!
- lengthens, separates, defines lashes
- good for separating lashes after you apply mascara the regular way to remove clumps (way better than a regular lash comb!)
- excellent for use on other people!!! less of a chance poking them in the eye w/ the brush compared to big mascara wands!
- avoids getting mascara all over your eyelid
- good for natural looking lashes
- a bit time consuming to use
- not for dramatic lash looks (unless you have the time to apply mascara over and over again with this brush)
- does not really add volume to lashes
- limited edition so maybe hard to find!